[vdr] Re: OT: How can I generate beeps when Power Down is reached?

On Monday 07 October 2002 12:22, Rev Simon Rumble wrote:
> On Mon 07 Oct, Rene Bartsch bloviated thus:
> > Can anyone give a hint how I could generate something like beeps when
> > Power Down has been reached?
>
> If the system is relatively recent and has APM BIOS you should be able
> to get the machine to power itself down so the indication will be that
> the machine switches itself off (i.e., power light goes off).  Check
> out the APM HOWTOs.

My machine beeps all over the place when it is doing a shutdown. Type
"shutdown -h now", fans roar, thing beeps and beeps, harddrive rumbles like
crazy, another beep, then the eery sound of total silence when it has turned
itself off. Hard to miss it!

And if yours doesn't (or mine only does because of certain scripts/versions),
use the various suggestions given on this list :)

Cheers,
Dennis