[vdr] Re: vdr-1.1.12 Configuration of buttons on RC

Dirk Wiebel wrote:
> Hello Stefan,
>
> > My RC has a nice "pause button" and I want to use it,
> instead of the "down
> > button". In the menu certainly I want to use the "down
> botton" for scrolling
> > down.
>
> you could easily insert a second entry into lircd.conf, telling lircd
> that both buttons mean "down".

Hi,

that would IMHO not solve the "problem" of not having a dedicated pause
key, but rather add more confusion to  any "non-geek" users :)

btw: I think adding the posibility of having a nonmodal (i.e. basic keys
not changeing thier meaning in different contexts) "use model" would be
really great.

Cu Ulrich