[vdr] Re: ERROR: error in /video0/channels.conf, line 224

Gregoire Favre wrote:
> On Wed, Oct 09, 2002 at 12:18:59PM +0200, Andreas Schultz wrote:
>

>>Could you please elaborate a bit more on what your problem with dvd-0.2
>>and sound is?
>

> Yes, for sure: the sound is crappy (I have just tested with "Spaceball"
> or "la folle histoire de l'univers"), in the sense that I have parasite
> every few seconds, otherwise the menu navigation was perfect ;-)

Ahh, ok, thats probably what i was refering to in my announcement as:

     The new devel branch will also get a rework buffer handling to
     avoid some audio distortions i discovered lately with some DVD's
     (e.g. 'Colleteral Damage').

Guess thats another test DVD for that problem then. Anyway, could you
please verify that the DVD run's without this flaw unter vdr-1.0.4 with
DVD or AIO patch? The old version had a different buffer handling that
should not produce this particular problem.

> In fact, only the fisrt 20 minutes have this problem???

Let's hope it is indeed the buffer problem. I have seen at least one
other DVD that had screwed video and audio presentation time stamps. The
only way to work arround that one, would be to disable A/V syncing on
the card and that mostly leads to A/V desyncs after a while.

> I am using NEWSTRUCT, I don't know whether it would change or not
> without?

Shouldn't have any influence

> The same DVD was playing perfectly with mplayer (on xmga).

mplayer is not good a comparision, not on the DVB card as it disables
A/V syncing and replay over other media is something completly different
anyway.

Andreas