[vdr] Re: DVD audio probs, was: new DVD plugin

Am Donnerstag, 10. Oktober 2002 14:42 schrieben Sie:
> Am/On Thu, 10 Oct 2002 14:08:34 +0200 schrieb(en)/wrote Gerald Stieglbauer
> <gstiegl@cosy.sbg.ac.at>:
>
> [new DVD plugin]
>
> > > Everything except audio works fine. When starting replay of a DVD, the
> > > audio turns to loud white noise. Ending the DVD player via menu leaves
> > > the noise there, the correct audio is restored at channel switch.
> > >
> > > Any pointer on how/where to start debugging?
> > >
> > > Thanks in advance!
> > > Eckard
> >
> > Hi,
> > do you run vdr as root? If so, try it with a normal user (e.g. vdruser).
>
> No, as a normal user. But could this in turn mean that I should try it as
> root?
No, normally it should work as a normal user. But I had made similar
experiences as you have, if I run vdr as root. Since I have tried it with
several players, I guess libdvdread/libdvdcss have some troubles, if they are
called in superuser mode.
Are you also sure, that you don't have set the suid bit for vdr?

Sorry, that I couldn't help you.

cu,
Gerald.