[vdr] "Embedding" VDR

Hi,

I was thinking on "embedding" VDR into a special desktop/menuing system I
plan for my Media-LAN.

It would mean, that VDR is just one of several services. The desktop/menu
would be installed on the clients/server locally, while the media-streams
would be tranmitted over the network.

This would be just a module of a major project I am working on and highly
experimantal. However, I believe it would make a nice project.

I was thinking on using some of the OST specs, but I can't reach
https://www.ostdev.net since a few weeks. Can you ? It could be related to
the SSL system I have in use...

Well, to sum it up: How would you try to "integrate" VDR into a
Flash/X(HT)ML based system ? Any possibiliteis ? Maybe one would need to
write a Netscape-Plugin to view the picture ? Communication could still be
done over the VDR-port.

--
Good bye, Andreas
Mandrake Linux 8.2,  Athlon1.2GHz, MSI K7T266Pro, 512MB DDR-RAM, MSI StarForce64Pro (GeForce2PRO), Hercules GameTheater XP, D-Link530DX, Hauppauge WinTV-s rev2.1,IWill SIDE2930C