[vdr] Re: Allwell STB... too slow (with pics)

Luca Merega wrote in a Mail about "[vdr] Allwell STB... too slow (with
pics)":

> The problem is that the CPU is too slow :(
> Even with a very light SuSE 7.3, the 233 Mhz Cyrix is really slow.
> I overclocked it to 300 Mhz, but it's not enough.

Allwell sells an option for their boxes. A PCI riser card, that has an
integrated MPEG2 deocder chip. They are working on a Sigma Designs MPEG4
decoder, also in-place on the riser card.

The only problem I see could be the drivers being closed, though I don't
think this would smaller useage of them in any way.

--
Good bye, Andreas
Mandrake Linux 8.2,  Athlon1.2GHz, MSI K7T266Pro, 512MB DDR-RAM, MSI StarForce64Pro (GeForce2PRO), Hercules GameTheater XP, D-Link530DX, Hauppauge WinTV-s rev2.1,IWill SIDE2930C