[vdr] Re: Autostart (keyboard use only)

Hi domolink morocco,

>@@ it has already been read, several times, I can control my vdr 1.0.4.
>from
>the keyboard perfectly, my question was not ''what r the keys to control
>VDR'' in any case I can always delete the key-pc.conf and restart
>automagicallly through  the learn procedure :)  :) ) , my question was ''
>if
>I start VDR through the inittab or rc.local either by a vdr/respawn or by
>direct command (cd/.../runvdr) will I be able to control it through the
>keyboard even if I'm not logged in' (it seems that it is possible) but Im
>still wondering :
>1/ how come it doesnot work with my solution
>2/ more generally, if u r not loged in a OS this one should not accept
>input
>from the keyboard ??? there is a lil trick I dont understand !!! does it
>happen or not, in this case???
Yes. This is indeed tricky because if you hang your system you have no
chance to go back. That's why this should do only skilled people.

>Please understand that this list is not for teaching beginners with linux.
>@@ hmmmm, that is clear now :(( however....... I had a dream , where
>begginers and veterans will live together in perfect harmony, trying to
>make
>the global knowledge level going higher ......
>okay, I not goin to ask u to teach me linux, I m already doing  my 3 hours
>self understanding every day, even started to learn c++...(even if i m not
>computer guy... u see in the everyday life  i'm C.PA.)  so what I m here
>for .....
I understand your needs really but it is hard for the pro's to discus real
problems if the threads are floatet with linux beginner themes. The major
drawback, i think so, is that then they will be listless to answer
questions anybody interests.
That's why i think it is better to discus such things on the right place.
If you have some problems with peanut i think the peanut-forum is made for
you and if you have probs with the script from tuum you are invited to
discus this with me on:
http://www.forumromanum.de/member/forum/forum.cgi?USER=user_189107 :-)

>@@ concerning the install script, it is this peanut script called do4me.sh
>on http://free.pages.at/tuum/
That's clear now.

>concerning the runvdr script it is the one that is included in the
package,
>I assume it is the same script for everybody, loads drivers from a
parallel
>directory to VDR and run vdr   ...a.s.o.
No, the runvdr.sh is patched. It's not the original one.

>@@thatis  why I am asking for as well, normally I understand the main
>concepts used by the script, what I m not familiar with is all the options
>that can be set up for each commands, the syntaxical principles of passing
>variables to other scripts/commands,
Hmm, this is really simple. At first it declares some variables:
**********
VDR=vdr-1.0.2
DVB=siemens_dvb-0.9.4-2002-04-01
LIRC=lirc-0.6.5
MAD=mad-0.14.2b
A52=a52dec-0.7.3
LIBDVD=dvdinstall
AIO=vdr-1.0.2-AIO-06.05
**********
then it defines some functions which can be used direct or indirect. What
means you can call a function like "getall" direct with "./do4me.sh getall
". This will download all needed packages if not done so. therefore it uses
the wget prog.
The menu is made with the dialog package. Therefor you can read the manual.
Dialog is sometimes a little bit hard to understand but it fit the needs.

>@@nokia harddisk recorders are so expensive here in morocco considering
the
>average wages so don't even talk about it
>or so. If you like to use vdr you should go the long way through linux to
>vdr.
The same here. That's why i'm using a old PC with P@233 (;-) now at 400MHz)
and with a long linux learning process. I have done really wrong things on
it and i have installed much much times. I'm not skilled in linux and i
have locked my system several times. :-) U're free to do what you want but
i think the harmless way is to use a ir fb. This costs, at least here, some
cent and will help your children to use vdr.

>@@ Concerning u r stong feelings, I  would like to be accurate, I have ten
>fingers (twenty if count my feet) so I am prepared to use each of them
>more
>than once ;-) VDR is not a OneButtonTouchReadyMadeSystem. but can become
>one
>(fo the use of girl/boy friend, wife, parents, pets...etc), conerning the
>unskilled side of the moon, I managed, even if the script had lots of
>problems to build an perfectly operating 1.0.4, but again what I m here
>for,
>is to improve my vdr , try to implement last versions and why not ..one
day
>contribute to its development... base down like this , it is made by human
>being , I not a monkey so what ?
Hey hey, no problem but like i said meet me at the right place. :-) Then i
can explain how to update my script for your needs. I don't know how good
your german is but i said already on my homepage that the script was
written because of the (new)userunfriendly behavior of dvb/vdr. Written by
a beginner for other beginners to build a base for improvements. my
experience is that i've got lots, and i mean lots, of hits on the homepage
but no one was willing to help me out.
That's why the page has a unreadable state and is out of date now for a
long time and i do enhancing only for my owe needs.

>Excuse me.
>@@U R completely excused my Dear , please consider mine, it is me that is
>bothering u .....  by the way I gonna surch for some scripting howto to
>avoid any further irrelevant queries
Hey, you don't bothering me. You have only asked the right question on the
wrong place. :-)

>A sunny and ''smoky'' Hello from casablanca, Morocco
>MedMed
Greetings from the not so sunny Berlin

P.S. i saw you where already active in:
http://www.forumromanum.de/member/forum/forum.cgi?USER=user_189107&ACTION=vi