[vdr] Re: slightly OT: DVD-reader and DVD-writer

Am Montag, 14. Oktober 2002 12:10 schrieben Sie:
> > I want to by a DVD-player and a separate DVD-writer.
> >
> > Which devices are working best with vdr and it's plugins?
> > Until now I'm using NEC-DV5800, but it won't work with the
> > DVD-plugin.....any
> > hints (firmware upgrade or so)?
>
> What kind of writer do you talk about ?

There are no preferences!

> Usual DVD-R (or +R) Writer to crate DVD´s under Linux (only DATA)
> Or do you mean this external DVD-VIDEO Writers ?

Best solution is a writer for creation of DATA- and VIDEO-DVDs.

> Here i use for playback a Pioneer DVD Slotin wich works well with the
> Plugin and the patch and in a second machine i use a cheap Aopen DVD device
> - also no problem at all....
>
> If i´m right there is still no DVD-R Video Autoring Software out for linux
> with wich we/you could create "real" Video DVD´s out of a VDR recording.

With the right writer, I can store my recordings as DATA today.
Later, when a DVD-Video Authoring SW is available, I could store them as
Video-DVD.
No bulletproof solution available, today??

Thanks
Stefan