[vdr] Re: "Embedding" VDR

Rene Bartsch wrote in a Mail about "[vdr] Re: "Embedding" VDR":

> I you want to stream in a Media-LAN, you could implement a plugin based
> on ffserver.

Yes, this might be a good idea. I assume you mean a Netscape-plugin ?! Not
a VDR plugin...

> So you'd only need a browser and media-player on the client ...

Well, the media-player shall be 'embedded'. I am not yet sure on how the
final solution would look like, but I would like to go without X completly.
Not sure what browser options I may have. Maybe I need to do my own stuff,
using the Mozilla source. But afaik it does not depend on X11.

Fact is: The TV picture would have different "views". One is a typical
menu. The other one is more "portal" like. In any way, all video would be
available either in full-screen or as a PiP. Not sure not sure...still
evaluating. But a fake-PiP would be possible within the menu if it would be
flash and HTML. I believe.

--
Good bye, Andreas
Mandrake Linux 8.2,  Athlon1.2GHz, MSI K7T266Pro, 512MB DDR-RAM, MSI StarForce64Pro (GeForce2PRO), Hercules GameTheater XP, D-Link530DX, Hauppauge WinTV-s rev2.1,IWill SIDE2930C