[vdr] Re: [VDR - DVB ] Little OT : Stupid question about cam .

On Tuesday 15 October 2002 11:18, you wrote:
> hello To all ,
>

> I would like to use , a full featured DVB card (like hauppauge Nexus ) ,
> and a budget card like the "satelco standard  pci card with ci - module " .
>
> Must i use two cam modules for two dvb , (recording a channel , and looking
> an other ) ?
> Or  one cam module can be used on the two dvb card in the same time ?
>

> sorry for my bad english .
>
> sincerly.

One cam module works only for one card. You only need the cam to record an
encrypted channel, the recording itself will be unencrypted.

So you can record an encrypted channel through the cam, while viewing an
already recorded show (which could also have been encrypted).

Of course if the budget card is recording (using the cam) the other card can
not record an encrypted channel (it can record FTA though).

Dennis