[vdr] Re: vdr crashes "buffer 100" or "Data stream broken"

>How can I configure a RAM drive in a specified physikal area?
>BTW: Someone told me, that RAM is used from the bottem and cached from the top. This
>seems to be right, because my vdr crashes with 224 RAM using only 60-70MB concerning
>"top". So the whole system and vdr code should be in the first 64 MB. But the system
>behaves like with external cache disabled - it crashes. I belief, the the cache caches
>the Memory from 160 up to 224 MB! In this case, I should configure the RAM drive from 0
>up to 160, but how?

I just can tell you what works with Windows NT. You have to start WinNT
with the option to use only 64 MB.
So WinNT takes the first 64 MB and this is the cached area. Then you can
use ramdisknt and tell it to take the rest of the memory.
I don't know how to handle this under linux, but AFAIK there is a
loadlin option to tell linux the available ramsize.
Maybe this helps.
Is there anyone here who knows about that ?
Helmut