[vdr] Re: VPID for radio channels is 8191

"Rienecker, Fa. Evenio, ITS P, M" wrote:

> >From the point of view of the DVB standard 8191 is supposed to be the 'auto' setup.
> E.g. DVB2000 can use this mode. When switching a channel the necessary information (vpid and apids) will be read from the stream.
> Of course switching take longer with this mode of operation, but this feature is actually in use with Premiere. Just think about the apids of Premiere Sport 1:
>
> vpid=255        (picture)
> apid1=256       (german audio)
> apid2=257       (original audio)
> apid3=258       (us audio)
> SNR=17
>
> apid 257 is in use e.g. with scoccer,
> apid 258 is in use e.g. with US sports and Golf.....
>
> ATM VDR is a little unsatisfactory in checking this. If the channels.conf says there is a second apid it offers the user to switch to that other language. Even if there's nothing (sometimes resulting in a channel not synced error).
> And if you try to record a channel that has two apids VDR often fails to recognize that the 2nd one is in use and skips it leaving my favorite recordings with just one apid :-(
>
> BTW, where would you start looking in in the source if you want to force VDR to record a second apid (even if there's nothing) ?
> I was thinking of vdr-1.0.4, dvbapi.c Line 2328ff:
>
> bool cDvbApi::SetPids(bool ForRecording)
> {
>   return SetVpid(vPid,   ForRecording ? DMX_OUT_TS_TAP : DMX_OUT_DECODER) &&
>          SetApid1(aPid1, ForRecording ? DMX_OUT_TS_TAP : DMX_OUT_DECODER) &&
>          SetApid2(ForRecording ? aPid2 : 0, DMX_OUT_TS_TAP) &&
>          (!Setup.RecordDolbyDigital ||
>          SetDpid1(ForRecording ? dPid1 : 0, DMX_OUT_TS_TAP) &&
>          SetDpid2(ForRecording ? dPid2 : 0, DMX_OUT_TS_TAP));
> }

If there is a second audio PID defined for a channel, VDR does everything necessary
to set up things for recording it. If there is no data recorded from that PID, there is either
nothing broadcast or the driver doesn't deliver the requested packets.

I am aware of the fact that some channels dynamically assign their APIDs.
This will be addressed after version 1.2.0.

Klaus