[vdr] Re: slightly OT: DVD-reader and DVD-writer

On Wed, Oct 16, 2002 at 07:15:19PM +0200, Rene Bartsch wrote:

> [...]

Thats an advantage of firewire. I didn't have (and don't have it now)
the space for in "internal" IDE-drive. So i'm using this drive via a
Firewire-Enclosure since the first day. (>1 Year ago)
No problems so far. :-)

> and their newer firmware only allows PIONEER DVD-R/W at double-speed.
> Others are limited to single-speed and you can't downgrade the
> firmware if you have flashed 1.8x!

I wonder if this is true. But i don't have to flash the firmware
(because of "high-speed" DVD-R) as long as Verbatim sells their current
DVD-Rs. So i don't have to worry about "broken" firmware for some time.
:-)

Bis denn