[vdr] Re: Zapping

Dennis Noordsij wrote:

> Hi,
>
> When I change channels with VDR, it never fails, but it will show for maybe
> 1/5 of a second the new channel I am changing to, then a black flash (1/5 of
> a second a black screen and no audio), and then it will go back to the new
> channel and stay there.
>
> So whenever you tune it instantly shows the new channel, but then flashes a
> black mute picture, and then continues normally.
>
> Nothing I can't live with, but I am just wondering if it is a "known" thing
> for vdr (1.0.4) or wether I should look at the driver side.

I did some tests and found that when I remove the two lines

     CHECK(ioctl(fd_audio, AUDIO_SET_MUTE, false));
     CHECK(ioctl(fd_video, VIDEO_SET_BLANK, false));

at the end of cDvbDevice::SetChannelDevice() this doesn't happen any more.
The reason for these lines was that at the beginning of cDvbDevice::SetChannelDevice()
these parameters are set to 'true' in order to avoid noise when switching, so I
thought it would be a good idea to set them back to 'false' after successful
tuning. However, apparently the driver does this by itself, and doing it
explicitly causes the reported flashes.

Please verify if this helps you, too.
The same two lines are also at the end of cDvbApi::SetChannel() in version 1.0.4,
so you might want to try it there. too.

Klaus