[vdr] Re: black screen, no audio, but OSD still working after couple of hours]

Mortimer Griepentrog wrote:

> Hello group!
>
> First of all I have to thank all people involved in this project
> for
> their great work. But after hours of studying your mailinglist I
> still
> have a question:
>
> I set up vdr 1.0.4 and it works fine. But still there is one
> problem.
> After a few hours of no user-activity the vdr starts an EPG-scan
> which is observable on the TV-screen. It seems to do it endless
> (At least I observed six scans before I gave up and pressed a
> button. I got back picture and audio on my
> switched channel.) During the night though (or another time with
> no user-action) when I am not there to press a button the screen
> goes black and audio is gone.
> In the morning when I press the menu-button on the
> remote-control the /var/log/messages shows "switching to channel
> x".
> While x is the last channel I tuned in. On the TV-screen I can
> see the OSD-menu. But nothing else appears. No picture, no
> audio, only OSD-menu.
> Anyone out there with a solution of this problem?

What happens if you manually switch channels in such a case?
Does it work, or are you generally unable to switch channels
in such a situation?

> By the way: what does the "max. latency time 4 seconds" mean?

This means that something caused the main program loop to be delayed
for 4 seconds. This is the time that counts for the watchdog. This
message is purely informational.

Klaus