[vdr] Re: not vdr specific: mplayer and mpeg2

Hello Julien.

There are almost no free french channels on ASTRA or HOTBIRD.

TV5, Arte, France5, radio channels and maybe a few others (if you
include foreign channels).

So, if you want to subscribe to a french bouquet you need to buy a
CI/CAM adaptor card and a CAM Module (ASTON or VIACCESS ?).

for that reason you need to buy a full feature card as NOVA CI card is
not supported by current linux dvb driver.

Last but not least, CAM support is quite limited in current linux dvb
driver.

If you need more info, I have a Canal+ subscription with a rev 1.3 DVBS
card an ASTON 1.05 module (working with new seca2 card).

Patrick.