[vdr] AW: Re: AW: av synchronization in live video

> Von: Rene Bartsch [mailto:vdr@bartschnet.de]
> Gesendet am: Donnerstag, 24. Oktober 2002 16:23
> An: vdr@linuxtv.org
> Betreff: [vdr] Re: AW: av synchronization in live video
>
> I've put two CPU-heatsinks (for Pentium I) on the tuner and a
> heatsink on
> the ARM (AV7110) and one on the bridge (SA7146).
> Mounting is very easy. Put "Wärmeleitpaste" (german, don't
> know the word in
> english) onto the tuner/chips. Clean two edges of the
> tuner/chips from the
> "Wärmeleitpaste" and put "Sekundenkleber" (german, don't know
> the word in
> english) onto the edges. That way you can also remove the
> heatsinks later.
>
> Don't put the glue into the center of the chips, as the core
> will have less
> heat-transfer then.

afair the superglue (="Sekundenkleber") is not stable when heated, if it gets to hot your heatsink could simply fall off, special termal transfer glue would be the better choice

btw. yesterday a saw a heatpipe solution as vga-cooler, Zalman ZM50-HP (30 Euro)(http://www.zalman.co.kr/english/product/zm50-hp.htm)
its supposed to spread the heat to 2 flat heatsinks on the front and rear side of the board, because of the missing mountig holes i will try to glue it to the tuner chip of the dvb-s, there will be more work to do (heatsink to big) but maybe next weekend i will give it a try
even if its nor working it could be a good start for experementing with heatpipes