[vdr] vdr 1.04 with 3 cards

Hi list,

Propably somebody can help. I experienced major problems while running 3 cards on my vdr box. My configuration is:
400 Mhz PII
256 MB
2* DVB-s
1* Nova
Suse 8.0
vdr 1.04
different DVB driver versions
AIO14.10
The cards are connected through the loop through out and vdr was compiled with LNBSHARING=1... etc. When I try to record
programs with the Nova I have dropouts on ARD, ZDF, WDR, RTL... so all horizontal frequencies. Recording SAT1 etc. works
perfectly. During my experiments with different driver versions I had it working somehow, but I couldn't reproduce it. Other
problems occured: Crash of VDR, Linux crashed mostly when I was replaying recordings (progress bar) or when I was recording
one or two channels even during MP3 play VDR crashed. The Log message was mostly dvb0: arm crashed. When Linux crashed
completely no message was stored. I have set the IRQ manually but that hasn' t improved the situation. I installed a cooler to
avoid overheating, that hasn't helped either. I thought first that it could be because of the power supply ( it is only 250 W and I use
2 harddrives, 1 dvd, 3 dvb, 1 network, 1 soundcard) but why is it working on vertikal frequencies ? Tech patch tells me that
the signal strength on horizontal freq. is between 68-73 % and on vertikal freq. 73-84 %. Could this be the reason ?
I also tried a developer version of vdr with the patched driver and it is the same there. Recordings on the second dvb-s card are ok.
Could it be a failure of the second dvb-s card ? Sometime I connected the lnb to this card and found dropeouts while watching
TV.
BTW: I also tried vdr with just LNBSHARING=1. The same result.

Stefan Dörmann
ITT Industries
Project Manager
T: +49 (0) 221 94700 392