[vdr] Re: VDR with analog tv-card

On Tue 29 Oct, Christian Hagemeier bloviated thus:

> I am just looking for a program like VDR for my analog card so that I
> can manage to watch TV and manage recording of TV just from my couch ...

vdr is currently tightly integrated with full Digital TV (European DVB
standard) cards which include an MPEG decoder.  Work is underway to
allow use of budget (no MPEG decoder) cards with another MPEG decoder
card, the DXR3 (dxr3.sf.net).  If you're in Europe, consider the
digital option as it's pre-compressed so you don't need a high powered
computer.

What you're looking for is freevo, another project which is doing
similar things but with analogue cards.
http://freevo.sourceforge.net/

--
Rev Simon Rumble <simon@rumble.net>
www.rumble.net

Why sir, there is every possibility that you will soon be
able to tax it!

- Michael Faraday 1791-1867: to Gladstone, when asked about
the usefulness of electricity

-- Attached file included as plaintext by Listar --