[vdr] Re: VDR + lcdproc + keypad

Hi Stefan
In order for the script (and the keypad) to work you will need:
lcdproc (at lest 0.4.3) http://lcdproc.omnipotent.net/
and VDR installed.
In order for the LCD to work with VDR you will need the lcdproc extension (http://home.pages.at/linux/dvb.html) that comes in the form of a patch for the stable version of VDR and in the form of a plugin in the developer version of VDR.
Please note that the latest versions of the lcdproc plugin already contains keypad handling functions that make unnecessary the use of my script.
I realized that the lcdproc plugin had keypad support only yesterday (look at the file lcdkeyconf.h for key definitions) and so far was unable to use it with the Matrix orbital display (basically I don't get the keypad press feedback). I'll look into the matter this evening and I'll let you know

Mattia

PS:
You can find infos about the keypad at matrix orbital (for the physical device and for the list of products that support keypad input) and in the lcdproc driver documentation (for the hd44780 circuit needed in order to connect a keypad).