[vdr] Re: Linux DVB TS/PS Streaming

> > > taking a DVB TS/PS
> > > choice of
> > >
> > > It's not the RTP but the PES. Only few players support
> > > RawPES. You need a
> > > plugin
> http://www.elecard.com/ftp/pub/mpeg/decoder/EM> pgDec20.zip
> from
> > > elecard for M$ MediaPlayer.
> >
> > I've
> installed all that, but MediaPlayer just errors with "The specified
> > protocol is unknown".
> >

> I can confirm that "the streaming thing" works well with
> media player. Here
> are the components I use:
>
> linux box:
> - VDR 1.0.4

I can't get VDR working on mine :-(

The DVB drivers installed the devices under /dev/dvb/*, and I think VDR
wants /dev/ost

> windoze box:
> - Win2k SP2
> - DirextX 8.1
> - DirectShow filters from the "Moonlight UDP Streaming Application"
> - MPEG2 decoder filter from "Elecard MPEG2 Video Decoder v.
> 2.0 beta Demo"
>   (not sure if you really need this one. Maybe it's already
> included in the
> streaming application)
> - using following local URL's (in MediaPlayer 6.4.09.1109)
> moonlight://224.0.1.2:5002/rtp  (first stream)
> moonlight://224.0.1.2:5003/rtp  (second one)

I'm guessing dvbstream's stream is different to VDR's - but I can't
compare so not sure.

It might be multicast isn't working on XP, but I'm pretty sure I tweaked
the registry right.  The utility rtpdump I found doesn't connect though.

I hate not knowing which part isn't working :-)

Thanks,
Andy.