[vdr] Re: Mandrake 9.0 Kernel

Am Fre, 2002-11-01 um 10.50 schrieb Steffen Barszus:
> On Friday 01 November 2002 09:45, you wrote:
> > Ok I found the big mistery !!!!
> >
> > Everything is fine with Mandrake 9.0 except that the precompiled Kernel
> > and the Kernel Sources are different.
> >
> So you have to install the sources approriate to the kernel, no mistery ...
> maybe a make oldconfig would help too, but have never need it.
>
> > I compiled a new Kernel with the Mandrake Kernel Sources. With the
> > original .config file. After I started the custom Kernel, everything was
> > fine. No more unresolved symbols. The driver are loaded very quick, also
> > unloading ist less than one second.
> >
> Fine ....
>
> > You can use the lirc modules which have been added to the kernel by the
> > Mandrake distribution. The config file for lirc is /etc/sysconfig/lircd.
> > For my serial port ir here my config file:
> >
> > [/etc/sysconfig/lircd]
> >
> > # Customized setings for lirc daemon
> >
> > # The hardware driver to use, run lircd --driver=? for a list
> >
> > #DRIVER=default
> > CONFIG=/etc/lircd.conf
> > # Hardware driver module to load
> > HWMOD=lirc_serial
> >
> > # The device node that communicates with the IR device.
> >
> > # with devfs enabled
> > DEVICE=/dev/lirc/serial
> >
> > # without devfs
> > #DEVICE=/dev/lirc
> >
> > # Serial port for the receiver (for serial driver)
> > # COM1 (/dev/ttyS0)
> > COM_PORT=/dev/ttyS0
> > DRIVER_OPTS="irq=4 io=0x3f8"
> >
> Same here, but there are some glitches in the Mandrake init-script for lirc.
> The init-script assumes the modules in the wrong place, have file a bugreport
> to expert and cooker list.

mh, never seen on my mashine. But I've customized the init script. I
added a line to tell lircd which remote config file it should use.

But let's say the truth. Mandrake is not the most stable distribution.,
init scripts have often failours. But it's the distribution with very
new, exciting packages. And the Configuration Tools are the best.
Even better than Suse.

> > Than lirc should work also for you. My lirc remote config is in the
> > /etc/lircd.conf . You have to add this file as a commandline option into
> > the lirc init script.
> >
> > After I installed the gcc 2.96 I could compile vdr.
> >
> No need for that if you use the developer-version. vdr-1.1.14 compiles fine
> here.

Right, but I still like to use the stable version because I've installed
some special addons. And my config is working and for vdr 1.04.