[vdr] Re: Linux DVB TS/PS Streaming

> > > I think VDR
> > > >

> > > Seems you're using the newstruct-driver, which doesn't work
> > > with VDR-1.0.4.
> > > Take the driver from Klaus Schmidinger's homepage!
> >
> > That doesn't compile on my system, and the error it gets
> someone else
> > had, and was told to get the latest CVS (which then uses
> newstruct), so
> > back to square one.
> >

> What system (machine/OS) do you use?

Debian, with the 2.4.19 kernel.

FYI the DVB card I have is the Hauppauge WinTV Nova-T.  I had problems
originally using it, since the drivers wouldn't compile as above.  It
was only when I used the latest CVS snapshot that everything fell into
place.  As you can tell though, I'm limited to those apps using
newstruct (dvbstream).

I actually managed to get the dvbstream output through mplayer, but as
mentioned originally I wanted a windows player that could take the
multicast RTP feed.  Worst thing is, I can't even test multicast on my
XP machine since it doesn't have java installed (which all the multicast
testers seem to want).

Andy.