[vdr] Re: Re : what is the status of DVB subtitles?

On Sun, 3 Nov 2002, Jaakko Johannes Väyrynen wrote:

> I had no problem receiving the subtitle data with dvbstream:
>
> $ dvbstream -o PID > subtitle.stream
>
> What do you mean you can't receive the pid? Do you get an error or
> just no data? Make sure that there are subtitles coming or you won't
> get any data. For my local cable provider YLE TV1 (pnr 17) sends
> subtitles with pids 1027 and 1028. They might be the same for you.
> Teletext pid is 2321.
>
> I found a dvbsub program in dvbtools that tries to show DVB subtitles
> with OSD. It doesn't work very well, but it did get some text to OSD
> before I had to restart the dvb driver.

Excellent! I was trying to receive from 1028 PID, which does not seem to
work now either (swedish subtitles?). Now all we need is a project. I'll
help. I haven't too much time for open source project, so I rather not
take the developement lead. ;-) But hunting bugs, testing, and programming
when I have time, sure!