[vdr] Re: "stand-by-recording"

At Sunday 03 November 2002 12:53 Ulrich Petri wrote:
> i think your idea could be extended. Why not use this x gb ringbuffer
> permanently and then set the card to transfermode all the time, so you
> could pause live tv right away without first switching to transfer mode,
> and also even baetter you can rewind live tv, which normaly is not
> possible, since you normaly dont know that an interesting scene will
> show up in advance.

That would be great, you're right, I've thought about that yesterday, when
I missed a scene and wanted to rewind it (but I wasn't recording). The
problem is, that THIS ringbuffer wouldn't be a usual recording, but it
would have to follow channel movements.

That's something I'm coping with in my streaming plugin, as well, and I
didn't find a (working) solution yet. Like I wrote about a week ago, I
have the problem, that after switching, that means
1. Detach()ing the receiver
2. Switching the channel (maybe even transponder)
3. Attach()ing a new receiver with new pids
4. Directly append data to the ringbuffer that holds the rest of the
   previous channel.

When I replay that with mplayer, after the first switching the picture gets
slow and sloppy (no problems on TV screen). When I restart mplayer without
doing anything to vdr, it replays fine again.

Greetings,
Sascha Volkenandt