[vdr] Re: VDR developer version 1.1.15

On 03 Nov 2002 Klaus Schmidinger <Klaus.Schmidinger@cadsoft.de> wrote:

> So am I right to understand that this means that AC3overDVB requires extensive
> processing of the DD data, which in turn requires additional libs? I was hoping that
> this would be just a matter of sending the data to the driver, maybe with a few
> _small_ modifications...

AFAIK AC3overDVB doesn't requires post-processing the data. The
AC3 data is encapsulated into some kind of PCM frame.

Only down-mixing AC3 to stereo requires post-processing and
additional libs. This should be no issue for DVB data as all
broadcast with AC3 have a normal stereo stream too. But with DVD
sources this isn't true in most cases.

--
Stefan Huelswitt
huels@iname.com  | http://home.pages.de/~nathan