[vdr] Re: LNB sharing in 1.1.x ?

Hi List,

On 02 Nov 2002 15:41:00 +0100, Rainer Zocholl wrote:
> There will come restrictions "lnb-share" requires too,
> when rotor mangement will be involved.
> "something" must prevent turning the dish while recording
> in in progress on the current position.
> That's the same "don't switch polarity/frequency"
> if a recording is running.

I've had a short look into the vdr 1.1.x-sources and in the original "lnb-sharing"-patch for 1.0.x (I suggested this feature for 1.1.x a while ago, maybe I started this thread ??) to figure out how I could implement it. IMO, there are only 2 things to do:

1. Preventing vdr to switch the polarisation/SLOF/satellite when a recording (with a higher priority) is in progress. vdr does already something like this (when recording, it "locks" the card to channels on the same transponder), so this shouldn't be a big problem.

2. When switching a channel on one card, "cycling" through the other cards and switch them to the matching pol./SLOF/sat. This one is IMHO harder to implement.

I think this would also work with diseqc,motor-management,whatever,...

I tried to do get the "original" patch into 1.1.x, but the structure changed to much and I don't have the programming skills and insight into the vdr-source to integrate this on my own...I'm hoping that someone else will do it and using "-D0" in the meanwhile ;) Disicon isn't an alternative since I can't change the dish-hardware (appartement-house with dish on the roof, I have to live with only one line).

Best regards, Ronald.