[vdr] Re: vdr-1.1.15 still don't record second apid ;-(

Obviously vdr is looking for data while replaying in order to offer the
choice to switch between languages.
A 'broken' multi language recording doesn't offer this. So there is no 2nd
APID in the PES. I checked that with (a patched version of) pes2aud_es.
Consequently it has not been recorded.

> If I'm remembering the code correctly, VDR sets up the necessary things to
> receive the VPID and both APIDs and then records whatever the driver
delivers.
> I can see no place where VDR would say "hey, there's no audio data on
APID2, so
> let's ignore anything there that might come later".

Which leads us back to the original point:
VDR records whatever is first in the channels.conf and tends to not record
whatever comes second (Maybe 'records empty packets' suits you better). This
is independent of which APID actually is 1st and 2nd.
But one fact is empirically proven: If the 2nd apid is not in use at the
point of time the recording starts, it will not be recorded.

> Maybe its the driver that doesn't deliver audio data on APID2 if there is
none
> from the very beginning?

Looking at the code I would confirm that VDR does everything correct.

So either there's a difference between fd_demuxa1 and fd_demuxa2
Or the difference between DMX_PES_AUDIO and DMX_PES_OTHER is causing the
problem.
Anyway, either one hints for a driver related problem.
What puzzles me is that live viewing never poses any problem independent of
the selected APID.

CU,
Christian.