[vdr] Re: VDR developer version 1.1.15

Hi Klaus,

>VDR developer version 1.1.15 is now available at
>
>    ftp://ftp.cadsoft.de/vdr/Developer/vdr-1.1.15.tar.bz2
>
>The 1.1.x branch is now approaching the stable state. There are still a few
>things that need to be done before it will finally be released as version 1.2.0,
>but I would now like to encourage people to use this version for every day use.
>I myself have been using the 1.1.x versions ever since, without any lost or
>broken recordings. Please make sure, though, that you carefully read the HISTORY
>file to learn what file formats have changed, and - as always - make backup
>copies of all your configuration files before switching to this version!

Last week I decided that 1.1.14 sounds stable enough to give it try. And
I must admit that the new version really kicks ass.

Swichting from 1.04 AIO was'nt that big deal. Most time I needed to figure
out where the config-files for the plugins belong :-)

As long as one does'nt use the new timeshift feature, the 1.1.14 with the patched
june-driver is at least stable as the 1.04 version with the april-driver (1.04 vdr with
april-driver has a blackscreen after 3 or 4 days, while 1.1.14 with june-driver somethings
hangs with a black screen after some seconds when recording and replaying at the
same time and switching to pause)

Although there are many improvments in detail, of course timeshifting is the most
exciting feature (at least for people who could only afford one DVB's :-)).

Many thanks for this great piece of work to you and all the plugin-coders.

CU,

Peter

(BTW: does anybody know the status of the pictureviewer-plugin?)