[vdr] Observations on vdr 1.1.15

I have just installed vdr 1.1.15 and DVB 20021101 on a P1-233 which has
been running 1.0.4 without trouble. DMA on the disk works fine.

When I start recording, the viewed picture and recording (on subsequent
replay) suffer very bad breakup, with CPU usage at 100% a significant
amount of time.

If, while still recording I switch to another channel on the same
frequency, everything settles down, with the viewed picture perfect and
CPU usage drops to about the same level (about 25-30%) as when recording
on 1.0.4 (although the recording is still corrupted). Switching back to
the channel being recorded and things fall apart again.

Are there any tests I can do to help, bearing in mind I have limited
programming/debugging skills?

Regards,

Richard