[vdr] Re: DVB-C - Cable in the UK

On Tuesday 05 November 2002 2:29 pm, you wrote:
> Has anyone successfully got a DVB-C card working in the UK?

I doubt they will - ntl uses the Nagravision encryption system, and I
wouldn't be at all surprised to see that everything was encrypted and
requires a smartcard... :/

Mind, if you actually have a DVB-C, I would expect you to at least be able to
see the various multiplexes and get channel lists, etc. if not actually be
able to view TV..

What sort of output is 'dvbtune -m' producing, for example?

gdh