[vdr] Re: PowerManagement in current VDR?

Klaus Schmidinger wrote:
> Steffen Barszus wrote:

>>>VDR doesn't actively do anything in that direction.
>>>What exactly are you referring to?
>>>
>>>Klaus
>>
>>I think he is reffering to the dvb-driver. As announced yesterday, the
>>dvb-driver supports Powermanagment if I get it right. Would help to save a
>>lot of heat on 1.3 Cards I think.
>

> Ok, but what should VDR do about this?
> If VDR runs, it is tuned to some channel and the LNB power must be on.
> If it doesn't run, the LNB power is turned off by the driver, anyway.
>
> Klaus

i think it would be good if vdr would completely release the dvb while
not doin any watching or recording, so that if i want it to record
something in a couple hours i can just leave it on w/o it consuming all
the power...
btw i also have an analogue receiver "behind" the dvb, which only works
when the dvb does not use the lnb (of course, just another reason why i
would like vdr to release the card)

aike

--
Mit freundlichen Grüssen