[vdr] Re: PowerManagement in current VDR?

On Friday 08 November 2002 17:41, you wrote:
> > > So what you actually want is that VDR "knows" whether there is somebody
> > > sitting in front of the tv and watches - I wonder how that should be
> > > done...
> > >
> > > Klaus
> >
> > Maybe a kind off a standby-button or menu-entry ? Of course vdr does not
> > know if I'm sitting there and watching, but I could tell him ;o)))
>
> But then you already have the power button .... that way you save _much_
> more power and make Klaus's life a lot easier.

For sure, but I use my vdr-box for other things too.
It was not my idea to make things complicated or Klaus' life difficult. I just
written some thoughts I had yesterday. Maybe it is a good idea, maybe not.
Maybe I'm not the only one who thinks that this would be useful and maybe its
not that difficult to do so, but it could be difficult or not needed or not a
thing Klaus wants to implement, I have no clue. I just wrote my thoughts ;o)

> I think we should keep things in perspective, power management is not VDR
> business.

Never said that