[vdr] Re: Crippled EPG on ZDF

Klaus.Schmidinger@cadsoft.de(Klaus Schmidinger)  03.11.02 13:50

Once upon a time Klaus Schmidinger shaped the electrons to say...

>I was trying to find out why the "extended description" on the ZDF's
>EPG often ends in the middle of a sentence, as in

>-------------
>Gemeinsam mit seinen Freunden Willi (Gerold Wanke), Oskar (Peter
>Garden) und Jupp übt Peter (Peter Alexander) für einen anstehenden
>Jazzwettbewerb. Sein Onkel (Josef Egger) ist von den musikalischen
>Vorlieben seines Neffen nich -------------

>but I couldn't find anything obvious.

It's obvious that NO EPG infos in ZDF are complete, if
they have more than 2 line.
Mostly it cut after 4 "main" lines, sometimes there
are 5 lines. But never complete.

The EPG texts are completely different from the description
on the teletext pages.

Today EPG shows a decription not belonging to the transmission.
teletext info was correct.

>Since this doesn't happen on
>other channels (like the Premiere channels, for instance) it would be
>nice if somebody with a commercial set-top-box could check whether
>this also happens there. If so, the problem is apparently with the ZDF
>EPG generation (once again...).

It sounds very much that way.

Rainer