[vdr] Re: SCART status pin for turning the TV on

> > Sounds awfully. But wouldn't it be a lot easier to define the Power-Off
> > Button of the TV as StandbyButton of the vdr (in case this feature will
be
> > implemented) and defining  user-keys on Buttons which switches the
> > TV on ?

> Hmm, I don't think so. This may lead to situations, where TV-set and VDR
are
> switched on and off alternately. (VDR is on,  TV is off -> press Key on
> remote -> VDR goes off, TV goes on). I like the idea of integrated on/off
> feature by using the SCART pin.

Usually, the TV has a discrete code for on/off. For example, I use a Philips
pronto to control my hometheater system. And every peice of equipment
(except my yamaha stereo receiver) can be told to turn on if not already on,
and off if not already off. I'd check out www.remotecentral.com if I were
you.

It's quite nice to press one button and have the DVD startup, the TV switch
to DVD input and the receiver to switch to DVD input. And when you're done
watching, just press a button and the tv, dvd, vcr, whatever (except
receiver) turns off. Very nice indeed. So, have a peek at the before
mentioned website. It's full of IR codes for these things.

/Henric