[vdr] Re: ANNOUNCE: Online Channeleditor for all VDR-Versions

Hi Hannes

> > > Webchat
> > >
> > > what for? there is already #linuxdvb on EFNET. join us there! :)
> >

> > One of the goals of vdrnews.de is to put many activities and
> > informations around VDR in one interface on one website.
> > This is why i suggest it as is.
>
> sure. nice idea. but this # is online now for far over a year, and many
> people are there. so why don.t you link your webchat to #linuxdvb.
> so everyone how wants to use a "real" chat instead of webchat can join.

This can be do only with a java-applet and these are more complicated
like a webchat in php. The user must download about 8 mb for a java
runtime if he dont have one and the he can chat. On the webchat he click
on a link and can chat. I know that is not a general solution. But sheduled
chats or a small helpdesk can be done with this.

I have foud a bug in the webchat so scrolling an all other things work in
NS3->7 and IE Opera Mozilla and Konqueror.

Regards

Udo