[vdr] Re: AW: Re: ANNOUNCE: vdr-dxr3-0.1.0

Emil Naepflein <Emil.Naepflein@philosys.de> schrieb am 11.11.2002,
15:10:48:
> On Mon, 11 Nov 2002 12:10:20 +0100, "Bernd Burg"
>  wrote:
>
> > I think you have network collissions on the 10MBit Net.
> >
> > Check on your 10MBit Network for Half / Full-Duplex settings.
> >
> > If one of the communication partners is Half and the other one is
> > Full-Duplex,( most of the time mowdays the are full duplex, while old
> > cards are only half) the full-Duplex card generates a collission with
> > each package it sends. This slows down the communication rate. It can go
> > down to 0
> >
> > New communication Systems don not have Half Duplex any more
>
> But why does it work with DVB-S as primary and 10 MBit connection?
Because the audio/video-data will be decoded by the ARM on the DVB-s.
For the DXR3 the audio has to be decoded by the CPU and has to be send
in time to the DXR3 card. In this case the plugin seems to be unable to
deliver these decoded audio data to the DXR3 in time and lost A/V-sync
for a short moment.
At least this is our assumption.

Stefan.