[vdr] Re: Name-space conflict (was: Problem with remote-0.0.1-plugin)

Rene Bartsch wrote:
> [...]

Doesn't make any difference.

> > This is not possible, since there is no common name space between
> > the keymap and remote.conf: Key names of the keymap are used
> > interternally by loadkeymap only, and are *never* exported to the
> > driver/remote plugin/vdr. Look into the source code.
> >
> > > As quick solution I removed all "remote-event0"-entries
> > > conflicting in remote.conf and now the buttons are only evaluated
> > > correctly.
> >
> > This way you just disabled the events from /dev/input/event0.
> > I wonder why you load the remote control plugin if you don't need
> > it. Are you using two remote control receivers at the same time?
> > This would explain why events get duplicated...
>
> This is my setup:
>
> 1 Siemens/Hauppauge WinTV DVB-S Rev. 1.3 with a TSOP1138 at J2/pin9
> (some resistors and a BS170).

Note that I never promised to support Rev 1.3 boards because I can't
test it. Well, the driver seems to support it in some way and so it
should work...

> RedHat 8.0, DVB-driver from 2002-11-01 (from Klaus' homepage),
> VDR-1.1.15.

What options did you use to compile vdr, REMOTE=???
How do you start vdr/plugins. Please post the full command line.

> I load the driver and do a Path2DVBdriver/av7110_loadkeys
> /etc/VDR/remote.rc5 > /proc/av7110_ir in my runvdr-script.

Ok.

> After that some keys are available on the ttys, but not all. I think
> this causes the conflict with the remote-plugin as that keys
> certainly are interpreted as keyboard-input by VDR.

I do not understand why/how remote control events could be passed to a
tty. Please explain "some keys are available on the ttys".
Which tty device(s) get(s) the remote control events?
Please post output of "ls -l /dev/input" and "ls -l /dev/ttyX"
where ttyX is the tty which gets the keys.

Just an idea: Are you using an USB keyboard?

> So I'll need to disable output to tty. Anyone having a idea how to
> set this up in DVB-driver?

See above. Try to compile vdr with REMOTE=NONE.
This will disable keyboard input.

> > > But I cannot remove "remote-event0.up" as the remote-plugin wants
> > > to learn keys again.
>
> Could you change the next plugin-release not to look for
> "remote-eventX.up" but for "remote-eventX."?

The plugin does not look for any keys, vdr does. vdr "wants" to learn
the keys, because they are considered unknown if the "up" key is not
defined. There is *nothing* wrong with that.
Until now, I see no reason to change anything.
We should fix the bug, not work around it.

Oliver