[vdr] Re: How-to convert channels.conf to vdr 1.1.6 ?

Klaus Schmidinger wrote:

>Well, in that case I'm afraid there can't be a unique channel ID then.
>Are you absolutely sure that they don't have different TID values?
>The whole idea behind the unique channel ID was to be able to, for instance,
>react on changes in the PIDs or channel names etc., so no PID can be part of
>the unique channel ID. There were several posting here on the list that
>claimed that _every_ channel can be uniquely identified by its NID, TID and SID
>values (plus, of course, the 'source'). If your radio channels don't have
>different TIDs, then that theory must be wrong.

Not nesessary, Canal Satellite France and others decided to implement
their radio channels using multiple audio pids.
Solutions:
1.) We need more entries for Audio-Names and APIDs.
2.) I remember that libsi is used for this (si, pat, ... prasing), so
this could be implemented with:
(In the far future)
- A audio menu (NOW: a color key in main menu)
- A function which parses on every switch for avaible apids
spin off (In the far far future):
- A function which parses for dpids (privat_data)
- channel movement dection (should be also in si, pat, something
acording to my memory)
  e.g.:
  Channelname: VDR live channel (watch Klaus programming, a 24Hour
programm ;-) )
  transponder freq: 12345
  acording si, pat, ... moved to
  transponder freq: 12356

possibly I can gather further information about it.
3.) a Switch for unique identifers to turn them off
4.) leave everything

cu
Florian
(ps: owing to the untiring programmers Klaus, Holger and the plugin
developers.
Upgrading in progress to get all new bells and whistles ;-) )