[vdr] AW: Re: ARM crash when watching the same channel as recording

Hi Klaus,

did some minor tests again on the stability of VDR, but currently, it
does not run smooth at home. But the crashes are more related to the
driver (ARM crashes) than to VDR.

The bug I mentioned one week ago did re-appear. It was the bug, that I
was recording but did not see any entry when selecting the 'recording'
menu.
When turning the menu on and off, I could see, that VDR was still
recording.
Opening a console window, entering the directory of the recording and
doing 'ls', I got the error message 'stale NFS handle'. After rebooting,
the directory was accessible again.
The weird thing is, that my vdr system is still a local system, so I
don´t use any network connections.
After doing some google search on the web, I think that this is a
kernel/nfsd bug not related to vdr. FYI, I use SuSE 8.0 (without any
updates), the /video partition is a FAT32 partition.

There were two additional issues I found out:
- I wanted to record an RTL broadcast via timer. Before the timer
started, I watched Pro7. When the timer started, the picture got black.
To be honest, I expected that VDR would switch automatically to RTL.
Additionally, I could not see if VDR is already recording or waiting for
me to switch the channel.
- I did not have enough space free on disk (VDR said 2:46, but finally,
there was only space for around 2:15 :-( ). The disk went full, VDR hung
up and there were buffer error messages. I would expect VDR to stop
automatically when the disk is full or at least leave some MB free for
writing epg-data. To admit, the next time I will look for more free
space, but I thought, this would be worth being mentioned...

With kind regards

Jörg