[vdr] Synch Problems with Playback of AC3-VDR-Files

Hello,

I have some trouble viewing VDR-Files with AC3 (recorded from German TV
station "Pro Sieben"). The AC3 stream "is faster" than the video stream. The
playback sounds nice for about 1 Minute. After this Minute the delay between
audio and video becomes too big. The maximum delay is about 4 or 5 seconds,
it is reached after ca. 4 minutes playback. Than it sounds crackeling.
Also the AC3 playback continues for about 5 seconds even if I press the
"Pause" Button. Normal audio is in synch all the time.

I'm using VDR 1.1.16 with newest CVS driver, a SB Live 1024 with ALSA
0.9.0rc5 (AC3DEC) with coax digital out to an AV-Receiver. Using analogue
output of the SB Live (with "AC3DEC -4") causes the same problems.

Has somebody a solution for this problem? Maybe using another sound
driver/ac3-playback software (e.g. from opensource.creative.com)? Or is it a
VDR-Problem? I think it's a VDR Problem since the AC3 Playback continues in
case of pressing the "Pause" Button during playback. BTW: Demuxing the
record with ds.jar reports no errors or synch problems. It happens with all
Ac3-VDR-Records, also with older movies recorded with VDR-1.0.x. I'm not
sure if VDR 1.0.4 behaves in the same way.

best regards

Frank Meyering