[vdr] Request: logging to seperate file

Hi,

I was trying to clean my log files from the VDR stuff. The default log
level writes quite a lot of stuff (which is usefull in some cases, so I do
not want to decrease logging).

Looking into the source code, I found, that vdr.c calls

 openlog("vdr", LOG_PID | LOG_CONS, LOG_USER);

i.e. the facility LOG_USER is hard coded. Is it possible to make this
configurable, so that I can redirect it to LOG_LOCAL7 and have syslog
write a separate log file for VDR messages?

I think this would be a useful feature to have ...

bye, ju

--
Juergen Schmidt   Leitender Redakteur/senior editor  c't magazin
Heise Zeitschriften Verlag,  Helstorferstr. 7,  D-30625 Hannover