[vdr] Re: AW: Re: epg2timers 0.9.6.

On Wed, 20 Nov 2002 22:00:37 +0100, "Gernot A. Weber"
<gernot@tux-web.de> wrote:

> just had a "little" problem with epgtimers. After getting the new
> information from tvtv.de the list is first deleted and than created. In
> my case it was deleted just before vdr whether to shutdown the machine.

Was this the inactivity shutdown?

> The list was empty, so the shutdown was performed and the boot time in
> my bios was set to none... The next moment the timer was created, but
> too late to tell the computer when to boot again. My suggestion is to
> copy timers.conf to a temp file, perform the update and than copy it
> back to timers.conf again. So the timer list won't be empty.

As the update is done via SVDRP this isn't a good idea. This would not
work because VDR doesn't read the timers.conf file. The best solution is
IMHO that VDR doesn't shutdown as long a SVDRP connection is active.

Emil