[vdr] Re: Auto starting of VDR

----- Original Message -----
From: <vdr@listerthrawn.co.uk>
To: <vdr@linuxtv.org>
Sent: Saturday, November 23, 2002 3:42 PM
Subject: [vdr] Auto starting of VDR

> I appologise if this is a very simple question to ask or if it's covered
> in docs, but I haven't noticed it.  Is there a way to start vdr on
> bootup so I don't have to login first?  I want to control it with the
> keyboard or maybe lirc when I get round to looking at it.

You can uncomment the start of tty1 in /etc/inittab and create and entry
which starts VDR with the option "-t /dev/tty1".
This way VDR will be started as root on tty1. So it receives all inputs on
tty1 (e.g. keyboard).

If you use an IR-receiver connected to the DVB-S or one which emulates a
input-device in linux, you should use the Remote-Control-plugin from Oliver
Endriss instead of LIRC.

Rene