[vdr] Re: MP3/MPlayer plugin 0.7.8 available (plugin development)

Hi Stefan,

>a new release of my MP3/MPlayer plugin is available from my
>homepage. This release greatly improves the CDDB capabilities.

Great work! I use your plugin almost daily and I am very glad with it.

>NOTE: the commandline options have changed and you should check
>your CDDB settings in the setup menu, too.
>
>NEWS:
>24.11.2002: Version 0.7.8 plugin development (vdr 1.1.16)
>- Speed up local CDDB database search with huge databases. Due to this, only
>  one subdirectory level is allowed in the database directory (usually the
>  category name). This follows the common xmcd database layout.
>- Added code for remote CDDB lookups. cddb.sh script is no longer needed. Please
>  note, that the commandline options have changed.

Sorry, but I am not very satisfied with that solution, CDDB lookups
worked fine here, but do not work any longer for me with it!
Obviously, you suppose that everyone using this plugin has got a
permanent internet connection, but I have only got an ISDN connection.
With the script cddb.sh, I could automatically start a connection, fetch
the required data and then close the connection every time an Audio-CD
was played:

#!/bin/bash

iup
sleep 10
/usr/bin/cddb.pl -s
idown

This - as I think - very good solution does not seem to be possible any
longer with the new parameters, unfortunately.
Do you know a way how making this still possible for me, or else could
you please preserve the -R option in the mp3-plugin?

Best regards,

Matthias