[vdr] Re: MP3/MPlayer plugin 0.7.8 available (plugin development)

Am Sonntag, 24. November 2002 15:30 schrieb Stefan Huelswitt:
> Hi,
> a new release of my MP3/MPlayer plugin is available from my
> homepage. This release greatly improves the CDDB capabilities.

Hi!

Two questions about future development goals:
Is it planned to integrate ogg-file playback?
I see on libsndfile homepage that ogg-format is a planned feature, but maybe
its better to use mplayer also for audio playback(?)

Second question has to do with Klaus' announcement that plugins can use the
OSD for user interaction/information. It would be really nice if your great
plugin could use OSD and keys for thinks like "song plays" "next song", some
visual feedback for keys like shuffle, info about time to play
song/playlist..

Oh, and maybe a renaming from MP3 to Audio in the VDR menu would be nice :-))

Bye

  Thorsten