[vdr] Re: ARM crash, kernel oops, etc

Sascha Volkenandt wrote:

> On Sonntag, 24. November 2002 21:45 Klaus Schmidinger wrote:
> > Sascha Volkenandt wrote:
> > > IMO everything worked fine till I switched to NEWSTRUCT/HEAD, and with
> > > that it got a little worse every week (With the first appearance of the
> > > "heavy osd usage" bug) ;(.
> > >
> > > I'm currently using suse 8.0 with a vanilla kernel 2.4.18 on a via itx
> > > system, vdr-1.1.16, linux-dvb-2002-11-02 (from Klaus' page).

I guess you mean linux-dvb.2002-11-01.

> > Please try VDR 1.1.17 and comment out the two lines
> >
> > #define DO_REC_AND_PLAY_ON_PRIMARY_DEVICE 1
> > #define DO_MULTIPLE_RECORDINGS 1
> >
> > in dvbdevice.c.
>
> @Klaus:
> Does this mean timeshift and stable exclude each other in general or is it
> something about my setup?

Here on my system I can run simultaneous recording and replay on the same
DVB-S card, and also do multiple recordings on the same card. The only time I get
problems is when I use the OSD while doing simultaneous recording and replay
on the primary card. The OSD thing is most likely a driver/firmware problem.

Have you tried the above suggestion? Does it run stable?

Klaus