[vdr] Re: distribution

----- Original Message -----
From: "Martin Altemark" <martin.altemark@linewise.se>
To: <vdr@linuxtv.org>
Sent: Monday, November 25, 2002 8:21 AM
Subject: [vdr] distribution

> Getting my DVB-C today, and I wonder which linuxdistributions you
recommend to run VDR with? Pros and cons?

I use RedHat7.3 and 8.0. No problems except that I've had to recompile the
kernel (just loaded config-file and run a make ...).

I don't like SUSE as they have weird names and paths for configuration-files
and YAST overwrites all settings made manually.
You can get crazy if you want to install proggies from source (SUSE RPMs are
fine, of course).

Mandrake is mostly same like RedHat, but more up2date which also means it is
not as stable as RedHat.

Rene