[vdr] Re: Software supend to disk with vdr

Emil Naepflein wrote:

> On Sat, 23 Nov 2002 20:43:49 +0100, "Rene Bartsch"
> wrote:
>

> >Do you simply use nvram-wakeup to wake up the machine?
>

> The Multitainer has now bios alarm clock, so I cannot test this. This
> isn't a problem for me because this machine is never used to do
> recordings. But it should work with mainboards supporting nvram-wakeup
> because the old unix kernel ist still booted which then switches to the
> suspended state.
>
> Emil

This can be a problem on some machine.
if the wakeup is not set in bios. the system has to reboot once to
change this on some bios.

if suspending, you need in this case do a reboot and then susspend :/
well you can calculate how this can't be done with out some change
in code.

in this order it might work for swsup not for STR.
suspend-->reboot-->poweroff.

Best care.
::beppe