[vdr] Re: Infrared receiver

Hi,

> > I had a look at the dvb wiring (J2) on bashy's website! Could anyone
tell me
> > which type of infrared receiver fits into this circuit and which
lirc-driver
> > is used with it?
>
> My advice would be to go for a homebrew serial IR receiver instead.
> Costs are appx. 2,30 EUR plus a few minutes of soldering.

i can only ACK. I have soldered an ir-receiver in 5 minutes. The costs are
very low and you dont have trouble with things like key-repeating.

Here i give you a link to a god manual how to do it.

http://www.manoweb.com/alesan/lirc/

You can find the "Conread-Electronic" Partnumbers
there too. I have paid 5,00 EUR include a 3 meters
cable.

Greets

Udo
http://vdrnews.de